Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Good Day

Just wanted to post about how good today has been. I feel like I have been rather negative as of late. Perhaps that has been due to lack of rest or sickness. Whatever the reason, it hasn't been pleasant for anyone. Yesterday I went to the doctor. I also took the last two days off work. So, I have slept and sat on my bottom watchin' t.v. It has been great.
I am now reaching that point where my body has rested all it needed to and I feel mentally and emotionally recharged. My doc gave me meds to help my bod recoup from it's sickness and my hubby has been making efforts to keep me comfy.

Today I was able to sleep in until I naturally woke up. (A splendid rarity) Then I played some Guild Wars with my hub. It's something we can do that makes him feel like I care and am making an effort to do something with him that he enjoys. Then we went downstairs and ate breakfast, watched some t.v. we were behind on and came back upstairs several hours later to nap.
I got up when Foosa's mom went to work and watched her eat. That's when it hit me... I am happy. Not just surviving the day. Not just content. There wasn't any anxiety about anything. I didn't feel stressed to accomplish yet another task. I was just glad to be sitting in my kitchen taking care of this silly, wonderful, beautiful toddling girl. And grateful that I was able to cuddle with my sweetie. I found myself realizing that it was so nice to just be. I happily came upstairs when Foosa was done with her ranch chicken mess and we woke up Velo. We all sat on the bed and played. It was one of those ordinary, but simply amazing moments.
I am so glad for easy going today. I feel a lot more like the me I like to be; someone grateful for the basic joys of life.

1 comment:

dishes and laundry said...

You're so good to play Guild Wars with Richard! Seriously.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day.