Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Vacation in Nebraska

This week we vacationed in Nebraska. We left on Monday night (like 10 o’clock). CRAZY! Then drove all the way.

We arrived in Eagle, where Hope lives, around noon. We had lunch, slept, then I woke and went to the temple with them. It was nice. I haven’t been to do a session since before Carson was even a thought. We went back to their home, ate dinner and slept. In the morning we ate breakfast, I played with Serhen, got packed up and left for my daddy’s.

We got there and after Velo and my dad brought in everything, We just sat around and talked. That was what we did the entire time we were there except Thanksgiving day. We sat and talked, watched Transformers, ate, ate pie (my father bought 6 pies for 4 people!), played Wii, played apples to apples and pop 5, ate more pie, went to the store, The last day we went to Chili’s to see my Sissy working. She was at the ‘”bar top”. It was fun. I love her and love to watch her in action. She really did seem very good, and very much like our mother when she was waitressing.

For Thanksgiving we went to Cass’s house. That’s my dad’s girlfriend. She seemed great. I liked that she is somewhat religious. She says she prays for us each night to have a baby. She talked about my mom with me. I liked that she was willing to acknowledge that there had been my mother and my dad had loved her very much. You know, like it wasn’t a threat to her that he had loved this other lady. Cuz’ it isn’t a threat. But most women would see it as one I think. She was kind and warm. Most importantly she makes my dad happy. I like to see him happy again. She is a health guru. That’s good cuz’ my dad is working on being healthier because of her. Maybe I’ll have to fold into Velo, his mother’’s, my dad’s and Cass’s pressure of eating healthier. We met her sons. The all seemed nice. Her dad was there, but unfortunately her sister was not. Her best friend Marty was there with his daughter Emily. It was a nice dinner.

I miss my family deeply. I never really remember how much until I go and visit them. Then I bawl like a baby as we drive away. I know Velo always feels cruel taking me away from them. Poor guy. It really was wonderful to go, relax and visit with my family and the important people to them.

3 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Wow - I totally take my family for granted. they are local and I forget how lucky I am sometimes. Glad you got this vacation and could see everyone. Any pix?

Mrs. J said...

I am really glad that you got to spend time with your family. It is very hard when those that you love are so far away. I am glad that your dad has met someone, glad that she is willing to still share him with your mom. Sounds like a good trip.

It"s me said...

I am glad you were able to go. Sometimes like dishes.. I take my fam for granted. Me and my brothers aren't really that close and the one brother I was close too... I feel I am growing apart from him sometimes.... But I am way close with my parents. I would miss them terribly if I lived far away from them. You have courage like a lion! Love you!