Saturday, May 10, 2008

Good Advice from Good Housekeeping

For Christmas I was gifted Good Housekeeping Magazine. It’s a super fun read and I’m choosing to believe it was not a hint. So, part of my off track tasks include catching up on all the articles I’ve been wanting to read.
One on food diary’s said this... “It’s easy to overlook bites, licks, and tastes (know as BLTs to professionals). But that’s a huge mistake - there are 25 calories on average in each mouthful. Translation: Six little bites a day add up to around 15 extra pounds a year.”
Huh. How about that. I do plenty of BLTing. (No thanks to all the “incentives” I have around the classroom and Kathy’s tempting little candy dish.) Maybe I’m just sabotaging myself.
I know we all battle with weight and health issues, so I thought I’d share the knowledge. I really believe that’s half the battle.
Anyhow. I’ve been loving www.myfooddiary.com It has tons of food listings, is simple to use and really makes ya’ face reality too.
On a more uplifting yet similar note, another article I read said that, “ We are often so focused on what is wrong with our bodies that we forget to remember what is right. As if we are the sum of what is wrong with us....
“Your body is your home. And it’s hard to live in a home that you are constantly trashing.”

related links I found interesting:
http://www.geneenroth.com
http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx.

1 comment:

Devin and Amber said...

Wow...I really need to quit BLTing. My boss provides lots of good treats in the kitchen at work. I think that is what does me in. (Not that I want him to stop stocking the kitchen) :) I tend to grab a cookie or a cracker way too often. I'll have to check out the links you listed.

Amber