Monday, May 26, 2008

My Mom - Cindy Lou

My beautiful mother suffered much in her late life. She was so ill, yet tried so hard to not show her pain. Always concerned with others lives, she would cast her own burdens to the side and emerse herself in her friends and family's problems, wishing she could fix them or help more. She was the best person I have known. An example of charity to the end.
She always made a plate of goodies for the neighbors around Christmas. She went to every little performance I had. Supported me in all my endeavors. Ached with me in my sorrows and heart aches. In true motherly fashion she would wear coats and things from Good Will ( like the DI) so I could have my name brand clothing. I learned so much from my mom, it just wasn’t enough. A girl always needs her mommy. The one person she should be able to call and have understand. I wish I could have had a chance to have her hold my babies. She always did want to be a grandma. I miss my mom, I miss my best friend.

1 comment:

dishes and laundry said...

Your Mom would be proud of you, for how you are helping others and following her example.

Do you like to think that she does have her Grandbaby to hold and love and tickle and enjoy? Or do you just think "Dangit, Mom! Why do you get him now...I wanted to be with him too."

I think you're amazing.